This article contains the difference between bodily harm and nervous shock.
- Bodily injury is caused by hard stick, bullet, hit by vehicle, etc.
- Injury is inflicted directly to the body.
- Causing bodily harm comes under the criminal law.
- Bodily harm and is remedies have been recognized long back, i. e. some centuries ago.
- Nervous shock is caused by words, gestures and scenery.
- Injury is inflicted indirectly to the brain.
- Nervous shock and its effects generally come under tort.
- Theory of nervous shock and its remedies are recognized only from nineteenth century. It is a new origin.