Distinction between direct democracy and representative democracy are given below.
- All the people of a nation or community directly participate in decision making..All the people of the country or community sit together, raise issues, discuss them and take decisions.
- The entire community form s the legislature.
- The Greek city States had direct democracy. At our village level in Gram Sabha all the people above 18 years participate.
- In this type of democracy representatives of the people are chosen to govern the country.
- Elected representatives of the people carry feelings, sentiments and problems of people and take decisions. The representatives of people form the legislature and majority party among them form Government.
- India, Britain, U.S.A., etc. have representative democracy whose people exercise their control over government though their representatives.
Sponsored by The Wisdom Post