Obligation of the Chief Minister towards the Governor and the Legislative Assembly :
Towards the Governor :
- The Chief Minister is the chief Constitutional advisor to the Governor and all powers vested in the Governor, are exercised by him.
- All appointments made by the Cover-nor are recommended by the Chief Minister.
- Chief Minister communicates all important decisions taken by his Council of Ministers,
- Chief Minister is a link between the Governor and the Council of Ministers.
Towards the Legislative Assembly :
- Chief Minister is the head of Council of Ministers in the Legislative Assembly.
- He is the chief spokesman of the Government in the Assembly.
- The Council of Ministers headed by the Chief Minister is collectively responsible to the State Legislature.
- The Chief Minister has to resign and with it the whole Council of Ministers, if he ceases to be the leader of majority party in the Assembly.