Beat the eggs until well mixed. Stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Heat the ghee or butter in a large frying pan and cook the spring onions, chillies and ginger until soft. Add the turmeric, coriander, diced tomato, if using, and cumin and fry for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the egg mixture.
- 6 eggs
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) milk
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 fresh green or red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- a big pinch of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 ripe tomato, finely diced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- tomato wedges (optional)
- fresh coriander sprigs (optional)
Cook over a low heat, stirring and lifting the eggs as they set on the bottom of the pan, stopping when the mixture is still of a creamy consistency. Turn onto a serving plate and garnish, if liked, with tomato wedges and sprigs of fresh coriander. Delicious with freshly cooked chapatis or puris, but equally good on freshly made hot toast.