Slice the cauliflower, keeping some of the stem on each floret. Heat the oil or ghee in a wok or deep saucepan and add the panch phora,frying on medium heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and stir over low heat until the garlic is golden.
Serves 4 as an accompaniment
- ½ small cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons oil or ghee
- 2 teaspoons Panch Phora
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) water
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
Add the turmeric and cauliflower, stirring well. Add salt and water, cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender but still crisp, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with garam masala and coriander.