A simply made Vietnamese dish. If you will follow the below given instructions and cook accordingly then you will have extraordinarily delicious Chicken with Bean Thread Vermicelli.
- 150 g (5 oz) bean thread vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g (1 lb) chicken thigh or drumstick fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) water
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small white onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
Put the noodles into a bowl and pour over sufficient boiling water to cover. Leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and cut the noodles into short lengths. Heat a wok, add the oil and stir-fry the chicken until it changes colour. Add the noodles and spring onions and toss for a further minute or two. Add fish sauce, pepper and water and simmer for 5 minutes. Make a side salad by combining the tomatoes and onions with the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve the chicken hot with the side salad.