Wipe the fish fillets with a damp paper towel in case there are stray scales on them. Cut into serving size pieces. Shake the can of coconut milk vigorously before opening it.
In a wok heat half the coconut milk until bubbling. Stir in the curry paste and simmer for 5 minutes. Add remaining milk, slide in the pieces of fish and spoon the sauce over. Cook uncovered for just long enough to cook the fish-the exact time will depend on the thickness of the fillets. Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh herbs, then spoon into a dish and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- 500 g (1 lb) fillets of boneless white fish such as ling or snapper
- 1 x 400 ml (13 fl oz) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Green Curry Paste (see page 174) or
- Charmaine Solomon’s Thai Green Curry Paste
- fresh coriander or Thai basil leaves